In this course, students learn about the five food groups and how eating healthy foods contributes to an overall healthy lifestyle. Students also learn about the digestive system and how, through eating healthy foods, they can keep their digestive system healthy.
This course is appropriate for students aged 6-9.
In this course, students will:
- learn the names of the five food groups
- sort foods into the five food groups
- learn how each group contributes to health
- plan and cook a meal that incorporates the five food groups
- test themselves as "food adventurers" and challenge themselves to try new foods
- trace their food as it passes through the digestive system
- conduct an experiment related to the digestive system
StartWhy Is It Important to Eat Healthy Foods? (2:02)
StartWhat is a Balanced Diet? (5 food groups) (15:47)
StartCan You Tell the Difference Between Fruits and Vegetables?
StartLet's Do a Grain and Dairy Sort!
StartCan You Identify Foods High in Protein?
StartMaking Healthy Choices
StartDesign Your Own My Plate Meal (7:13)
StartAre You a Healthy Food Adventurer? (6:50)
StartMs. Hoda bakes